Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Digital Citizenship




 This assignment has been more difficult than I had imagined but boy did I learn many different yet interesting facts.  As you will see in my Prezi presentation, I focused on the topics of risks in social media, internet safety issues as well as technology overuses and misuses.  

One interesting fact I found was this video and article on teens getting high using a computer, mp3 player/iPod and some headphones.  I was totally floored at this video.  I have never seen, nor heard, of anything like this.  Watch the video with the following link!





My Prezi presentation link is shown below.

Click here for my Prezi link on Digital Citizenship




Don't forget to follow me on Twitter!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I agree! This is a serious situation for kids and I had never heard of it before doing research on Digital Citizenship. As a mother of young sons, it is so scary to me that I will have to closely monitor their use of technology in the future. Of course, I will make sure they aren't using it for inappropriate behavior, but I'll have to stay up-to-date on the latest trends to make sure they aren't getting themselves into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Anne! When I did the report about i-dosing it was unbelievable to my ears. I cannot believe kids actually got high from their headphones. Banning ipods/mp3s and all other kind of music players should be prohibited on school grounds. We have some evil people waiting to get into the heads of these smart kids. It is so important to monitor your students and parents watching their kids. Learning the different topics in this class is helping me to be prepared for my first child when I get my family. Posting on blogs, twitter and facebook we have to be more careful. Posts and pictures can sometimes help us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never knew knew about kids getting high to high levels of music. That is very interesting, but with every good thing about technology, there is always a negative aspect. We just need to inform our students on the correct way of using technology! Awesome info!

    ReplyDelete