Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Week 8 - Twitter Reflection

Twitter, oh Twitter, what shall I say??  I am certain that I have learned more from you than you have from me!  I came into #ED505UWARAY with absolutely no clue on how Twitter even operates yet how to "tweet".  I have always thought it to be useless but have discovered that my views have changed since this class began.  Twitter has opened my eyes to a whole new world of technology.  I had no idea that you could search and actually find pertinent information for any particular subject.

One hashtag search that proved useful to me was the search on #assistivetechnology.  I found several videos and articles pertaining to various forms of assistive technology.  Here are a couple of items that I found interesting. 



Here are tweets from my three favorite "tweeters"!


Apps That Teach (And Might Be Fun Too): http://t.co/NcKBuj77Is





Here are some of my own posts from this semester!
 


I plan to use Twitter to post assignments and make a page for my class.  I'm am anxious to get started and make this year the best yet!  Thanks to all who have followed my blog! 

5 comments:

  1. I was pretty familiar with Twitter, but didn't realize all of the ways I could use it for education and my own personal learning experience. It was an eye-opener for me, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny when you said clueless. I agree with you, but I was not clueless on what Twitter was all about because all of my friends love it. I just never founded it so amusing until now that I had to use it for this class. I have founded so many ways how I could use Twitter to incorporate into my classroom and work-related life. I have a variety of kids so I can learn to share with them the rules of Twitter and how beneficial it can be. I agree with Carolyn, Twitter was definitely an eye-opener for me too. I have enjoyed your weekly blogs and Twitter post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One again, Twitter was new to someone other than me. You are right, we have had a lot of experience using different technology. I didn't know either the real purpose/meanings for twitter. We can start our classes off in a technological way. Very good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same experience. I have a personal twitter, but I never use it. This class taught be how to use twitter. Twitter was an eye opener. It is definitely another source of communication.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post. I also found the AT hashtag a great use for searching for information. Twitter was definitely new me and it took a while to adjust. Well worth it, though!

    ReplyDelete